Friday, June 26, 2015

Rustic Journal Kit by Rochelle

Hello Crafters! 

Today I am sharing with you something a little out of my comfort zone
an altered journal. :) 
This kit comes with a 6X9 Canvax, 2 Petal Flower, 1 Canvas Pocket, 2 Buttons and Jute.  

I started with some Gesso and used a stencil to create some texture.  Once it dried, I added color using a blue Gelato. I folded the journal in half and punched to holes using the big Cropadile. I added a few sheets of paper in the inside of the journal and tied it with Jute. 
Next, I altered the flowers and pocket canvas using a mixture of water colors and Gelatos.  
I used Linnie Blooms Stitched Sunshine Stamp collection on the pocket and doodled around the flowers and pocket.  I also added some patterned paper and instead of the buttons, I used bling for my center of the flowers. Once it all dried I glued everything down in the center of the journal, with the flowers overlapping each other and popping at least one flower up.
And there you have it!  My altered Rustic Journal was done.  I love how the everything came out! :) 
I hope I have inspired you to create your own altered canvas journal! You can find it in the

Thank you for stopping by!

~Rochelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment