Monday, June 29, 2015

Mini Mixed Stitch Book

Hello, it's me, Ann from the Design Team here at Linnie Blooms and the blog: AnnMakes (http://annmakes.blogspot.com).  Today I have this Mini Mixed Stitch Book that I am working in to share with you. I honestly love collecting and working in books, even more so canvas ones such as this.  The combination of canvas and paper in between the layers makes for such a wonderful surface to play on.



I recently attended a training session with Deco-Art at a Designer's retreat in Toronto.  Not only did I return with so much new information, knowledge and tips, but also products!  What a lucky girl I am.
I tried the new to me paints and mediums in my Linnie Blooms Book, and I decorated the cover which is what I am sharing with you today, as the inside pages are still a work in progress.



This cover was prepped with gesso first.  Once the gesso was dry I started to add the colours with a brush.  I just played and played.  I used three colours of Fluid Acrylics (Cobalt Teal, Hansa Yellow Medium, and Dioxazine Purple) paint and just added, removed, and dabbed.
I also used a piece of rubber shelf liner as a stencil and a stamp to create the background.



Once I was pleased with the background I then used the stencil to trace the flower shape in the top right corner.  I painted that  flower in magenta and yellow which I mixed into shades of orange, and red.  I used some crackling medium as well to add texture.  I then glued seed beads with "Liquid Glass", and I covered the whole beaded section with a top layer of "Liquid Glass".



The butterflies are stamped, and coloured with the same Fluid Acrylics.  Finally I traced over all the black lines with a permanent ink pen.  The spine was painted with a limes greenish colour I made from mixing the Hansa Yellow, and Cobalt Teal.

Supplies:
"Mini Mixed Stitch Book" by Linnie Blooms
"Bloom" stencils/Masks by Linnie Blooms
Glass seed beads from my stash
Pigma Micron  Micro Pigment Ink pen in black by Sakura
"Cling Hydrangea Garden" cling rubber stamps with template by Stampendous®
"Gesso" by DecoArt® media™
"DecoArt® media Fluid Acrylics™" in (Cobalt Teal Hue, Dioxazine Purple, Hansa Yellow Medium, Primary Magenta, and Titanium White")
"DecoArt® media™ Liquid Glass" (Clear)
"DecoArt® One Step Crackling Medium"

To see more of my projects just stop by my blog here.  Thanks so much for stopping by and for supporting a great cause  every time you make a purchase from Linnie Blooms!

Keep on Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment