Friday, May 1, 2015

I'm Back! :)

Hello!!!  I am so excited to be back on the Linnie Blooms Design Team. :)
Here's a little bit about me.  I have been crafting since 2003.  Although I mostly make scrapbook layouts,  I LOVE to play around with mixed media and textures and incorporating all of it onto my layouts. I was on the very first design team here at Linnie Blooms.  I stayed around a while and then as life happens, I got extremely busy and had to cut back on a few design teams.  But you couldn't keep me away from playing with CANVAS for long! :)  I am back and super excited to hopefully inspire you all with my creativity! 

Today, I would like to share with you a 8x10 canvas board that I created using Linnie Blooms stamps, Canvas Bird, Canvas Leave and Canvas Pennants.  I’m sorry I don’t have step by step photos.  Actually, I was just playing around with this piece and I ended up really liking it and wanted to share it with you all! :) 
To create the background, I started by treating the canvas with Gesso.  Then I used Gelatos with water to create the background color. Next, I took a honeycomb stencil and used a babywipe to remove the gelato color exposing the white Gesso.  I used the same technique with a Bingo stamp creating a white bingo image.  After sprinkling a few drops of Studio Calico mist sprays and letting the piece dry, I added the doily and covered it with a very thin coat of clear Gesso.  To finish up the background I used Linnie Blooms stitch stamps - Stitched Greetings and Stiched Sunshine -- LOVE THEM!!! 

You know what else I LOVE... the canvas bird!!!  I love it so much that you may see it on every project of mine!! lol  I love the versatility of the bird.... color it, stamp it, paint it, doodle on it... whatever you want.  In this case, I used Gelatos and a stamp for his body.  I used a Canvas Leave as the wing.  Isn’t he cute? :) 
  
I pretty much did the same with the pennants. I used Gelatoes and stamps.

Lastly, I layered the papers, bird, rosette ribbon, pennants and bling  pulling it all together by  adding an adorable photo of my Best Friend’s granddaughter! 

There you have it! I hope you like my project and I hope it inspires you to play around with these awesome Canvas Pieces.  You can find more information about these Canvas Pieces on the Linnie Blooms website. 

Happy Crafting! 

~Rochelle 

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! WOW!! OMG!! Your canvas is Gorgeous!! Love the picture and you so showcased your cutie patootie angel in one grand artistic way!!
    You definitely did one super outstanding creative job!! It is breathtaking.
    I feel so honored to have seen it. thanks so much for sharing. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty canvas! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete